Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

[My] First Post

Hi everyone, I'm Justin.  Majoring in Game Art, emphasizing in concept art and visual development. So this is my first post of the blog...not super flattering, but hey—that's why I'm here.  

I'll probably be posting mostly studies and copies as I'm currently trying to focus on my foundation skills when I'm not doing schoolwork.

Two things I learned while doing this:
1) I need to get faster (possibly looser, in the beginning stages at least)
2) It would probably be better to block in everything in flat shapes and color rather quickly, so i don't get caught up in noodling certain parts.

Also, ignore Sully's awkward face. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. you don't need to get faster man. just take your time and do it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Justin. :)

    I think your second point is right on the dot. I know with school work it's been really hard to do this on top of it, so I end up wanting to go faster too, but Chris is right. It's more about studying it and getting things right than rather just getting it done. I fall into trying to get it just done too -.- so I have to slow myself down.

    I think overall this is great though!I think this shot has a really cool composition and story point too.

    Glad you're doing this with me. :) Can't wait to see other stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Sully's face; he has attitude!

    And although I agree with the two above, I also believe that working faster can have its perks too. Going too slow will only hinder your ability to get things done in a timely manner if you're too focused on details and perfection. Working fast can allow you to loosen up and forget about it being a "nice picture", therefore allowing room for error and eventually learning from it! But everyone has a different approach. (: Great job nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, working fast has it perks, but I think that it's something that you eventually just develop over time because you've done something so much. Then again, I heard that people like Chris Sanders work super slow D:.

    Hurry and post something miss Jen. D:

    ReplyDelete