Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

interesting article

Thought you guys might enjoy this short article on progressive learning.   Maybe you've heard something similar before, but hopefully there might be something new you can take away from it.

http://www.conceptsofalex.com/blog/2011/6/21/progressive-learning-how-to-become-a-professional-artist-in.html

I think I'm going to try to set up a focused schedule for myself in a similar way.  Practicing on drawing hands for two weeks and then focusing on a different part of anatomy after that. I have a PDFs on hands from Burne Hogarth, Loomis, and Watts.  Anyone else have any suggested reading?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! That sounds like a great idea.

    Some other names you should consider:

    Michael Hampton
    Kevin Chen
    Bridgman
    Gottfried Bammes- Don't read it, just look at the images.
    Walt Stanchfield for gestures.

    I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete