Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Trying out Corel Painter

I'd feel weird posting any of my hand studies since i doubt anyone finds them particularly interesting to look at.  I've basically been just copying pages from Michael Hampton's book.

On another note, my texturing class teacher is making us learn Corel Painter a little bit, so this is my first endeavor in the program.  There are definitely some things I really like about the program—something I didn't expect.  I could potentially see it as a useful tool to use back and forth between photoshop. 


3 comments:

  1. Nice job, Justin! Yeah, Painter has some of its percs. It can definitely mimic traditional mediums really well. I really like how you rendered the apples and the leaves. The only thing I can say is even though it's not the focal point, really observe the way the light effects the glass stand that the apples are on. Right now it doesn't really look like a glass material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah...the glass platter thing was kinda thrown on in the last couple minutes... Should've spent more time on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's sick man. i think you did a damn good job. photo or from life?

    ReplyDelete