Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

paintover

Hey Alex I did a paintover of some things that I thought might help.  You can take or leave anything, but these are the things that stuck out to me:
-The values were getting a little lost in some areas.  Particularly the dad's sleave and the sky, your parents' heads and the sky and the beams and the letters (and the sky).  I get he feeling you want the feeling of the sun behind your parents or something, but it was getting just a little lost.  It's help to try to define those edges just a little bit.  I know sometimes blogger distorts values (at least I've noticed it has for me before), so it may look better in your original PSD file, but either way i think it would help to diffrentiate those values just a tad.
-your shape of your mom's dress.  The way you drew her figure is so smooth and fluid, from the hair, to the shoulder's, to the dress—and then there is this weird point right in her lap (which makes me think of the infamous minister from the little mermaid =[ ).  It makes it really confusing in trying to understand the dress, and what causes the folds.  If you're going for a poofy dress, use more lumps and curves, like you did everywhere else in her figure and try to indicate some anatomy so we can understand the folds better.


hope that helps!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, that does help Justin. And the minister comment was funny. The values were a good point. Especially since the figures are so important, I need to make them stand out more. I hope I was able to fix the things you mentioned in my final.

    Thanks again for taking your time to help me out. :) Much appreciated <3

    ReplyDelete